In the Forums...
Posted: June 26, 2000
Written by: Dan "Tweak Monkey" Kennedy
Price: $132.00 (300 watt version) from The Card Cooler
Review unit supplied by: The Card Cooler
Where do I begin? I'm a sucker for a cool case (no pun intended), and this is by far the coolest case I've ever had in my house. Let's run down the list:
- It looks great and the front is totally unique, yet fully functional.
- Every feature functions as it should, and then some.
- The fan mounts are very handy, and the included 120mm fan in front blows enough air to provide a fair amount of cooling.
- The case has plenty of room for upgrades and enough bays for the average/power-user.
- The price is more than fair for what you get. No cutting your fingers on this roomy case!
- The 300 watt power supply is good enough for most users -- we barely maxed it out on this monster Abit BF6/Celeron 2 566 @ 850 system with loads of extras
- The fan mounts are placed in the perfect locations for optimal cooling.
- The drive bays allow a clean and easy installation of 5 1/4 drives.
- The pop-off face with LED holder and the thumb-screw swinging doors work very well.
- The case friggin' rules!
We were very impressed with the case. There wasn't one major flaw we found in the design or features. The case looks great, it is constructed well, it has loads of features, it is fair priced, and best of all, the case suits a tweaker/overclocker perfectly. If you are looking for a great case that will keep you satisfied for years and years, it has to be the Addtronics 6896A! Accept no substitute!
Overall Rating: 9.7 / 10.0